According to the World Health Organization (WHO), more than 300 million people globally struggle with anxiety or depression and studies are indicating that those numbers are increasing steadily. An unstable global economy, the inability to unplug from technology and uncertainty about the future have all been named as possible reasons that many of us are increasingly struggling with depression and anxiety.
Acupuncture can help you feel like yourself again.
While medication can be used to manage your symptoms, acupuncture addresses the
underlying causes of mental and emotional distress. It is a WHO recognized method for
increasing energy and mental clarity and feeling in control of your life again.
5 reasons to try acupuncture for Depression and Anxiety
1. It releases endorphins. Have you ever heard of a runner’s high? The awesome feeling
you have after exercising is also caused by endorphins. Endorphins are a hormone that act as a natural pain killer in the body. When needles are inserted into sensory nerves just below the skin’s surface, the body stimulates a response in the immune system, which increases circulation to that area of the body and triggers the release of endorphins.
2. It’s a good option for pregnant women. If you’re expecting a child, you might want to
reduce or eliminate your intake of medications to prevent adverse side effects. Acupuncture can be extremely effective in both helping you through a smooth pregnancy and labour, as well as treating postnatal depression and anxiety associated with birth.
3. It can reduce inflammation. Acupuncture prompts an anti-inflammatory response from the immune system. There is increasing evidence that chronic inflammation keeps you depressed.
4. It is relaxing. Yep! It turns out getting dozens of tiny needles stuck in your body is actually a pleasant experience! Most clients find their acupuncture visits to be extremely
therapeutic, and some even fall asleep during the session.
5. It gives you much more than a mood boost. Because acupuncture aims to treat the
underlying causes, not specific symptoms, you’ll benefit from an overall increase in health.
Are you tired of dealing with side effects from depression and anxiety medications? Are you searching for alternative ways to heal? Are you seeking to restore energy and balance in your body?
Then you owe it to yourself to explore Acupuncture.